Please note that while UrsaLeo RPi DevKit uses a standard RPi hardware board, it only operates as an UrsaLeo Gateway device when using the UrsaLeo-provided Gateway software. Other operating systems (e.g. Raspbian) cannot be used to connect this DevKit to the UrsaLeo Cloud.
- Updated the UrsaLeo Gateway Software Platform which is common to the RPi and UltraLite DevKits
- Improved the reliability of sensor data collection
- Improved support for use of both Ethernet and WiFi network interfaces
- Improved the functionality of the LED diagnostic board
- Improved the sensor reading response times. Sensors are now read at full speed (200 ms) and cloud readings updated reliably every 5 seconds by default, improving the responsiveness of gauges.
- Fixed bug where sensor readings would remain static after long periods (6-10 hours) of operation.
- The start-up Demo application has been streamlined and improved. It will now wait until network and BLE connections are fully formed and will restart them if the connection is dropped.
- Improved the functionality and reliability of the LED indicators on the LED diagnostic board used on both the RPi and UltraLite DevKits. The LED's now respond to state changes of the services they are monitoring. LED1 indicates network route to Google IoT Core endpoint, LED2 indicates Thunderboard BLE connection, LED3 indicates authentication with Google IoT Core.
- Added new functionality for the optional RPi LED/SC board including support for safe system shutdown using the SW3 button on the RPi LED/SC board prolonging the SD card life. A serial console interface is also now available making the need for a separate monitor and keyboard optional.
- Improved the auto-detection of both Ethernet and WiFi interfaces when connected and configured. Ethernet takes priority over WiFi if available and switching between both interfaces functions correctly.
- Configuration fully migrated to FATFS on SD card. Linux partition configuration is no longer supported.
- Incorporated the latest security updates in Yocto Linux.
- The dashboard display for 3D orientation may show movement even when the Thunderboard is static.