Start-up your Ursaleo UltraLite DevKit
To start-up your UltraLite DevKit, turn on the power by using the slide switch located next to power jack.
An UrsaLeo debug LED module is attached to the baseboard connector. The start-up process is indicated by the following LEDs turning on:
- LED 1: On (connection to Google IoT Core)
- LED 2: On (connection to Thunderboard Sense 2)
- LED 3: On (authentication with Google Cloud Platform) after a few seconds
- LED 4-6 are reserved for future use
Note: If LED 2 is not "On", press the reset button located in the center of the Thunderboard to establish a connection. The yellow LED near the center of the Thunderboard should flash less than 30 times. This indicates a successful BLE connection has been established.
Gain Terminal access to your UrsaLeo UltraLite Gateway DevKit
- Connect UltraLite DevKit to a computer via the microUSB port that is nearest the power button.
- Download and install Silicon Labs VCP drivers on PC (Windows or macOS): Silicon Labs VCP drivers
For Windows PC:
- Download and install Putty serial comms software on PC
- Start Putty and configure serial settings:
- Baud rate: 115200
- Data bits: 8
- Stop bits: 1
- Parity: None
- Power on the DevKit and wait for the boot prompt to appear.
Image: Putty configuration
- Launch Terminal
- Connect to the USB serial port.
computer-name:~ root-user$ ls /dev/*tty*
- You should see /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART in the list. Set the port to 115200 8n1. No flow control.
computer-name:~ root-user$ sudo screen /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART 115200/8/1/n/Xoff
- Enter your admin password for the macOS user.
- Hit Enter until you see prompt for a login.
- The boot prompt will appear:
BEC Linux 2.5 imx6ulevk ttyS0
- Login as “root” with no password.
BEC Linux 2.5 imx6ulevk ttymxc0
imx6ulevk login: root
- The shell prompt appears ready to run commands
Shutting down your UrsaLeo DevKit
The DevKit should be shut down correctly before turning off the power supply. This will avoid corruption of the microSD card.
- To shutdown, press the tactile switch adjacent to the micro USB connector ( furthest from power jack ). This will initiate the shutdown process.
- If the LED/SC board is installed, all the LED indicators will turn off, indicating a successful shutdown. If not, allow 30 seconds for the shutdown to complete.
- Now turn off the slide switch.