Start-up your Ursaleo UltraLite DevKit
To start-up your UltraLite DevKit, turn on the power by using the slide switch located next to power jack.
An UrsaLeo debug LED module is attached to the baseboard connector. The start-up process is indicated by the following LEDs turning on:
- LED 1: On (connection to Google IoT Core)
- LED 2: On (connection to Thunderboard Sense 2)
- LED 3: On (authentication with Google Cloud Platform) after a few seconds
- LED 4-6 are reserved for future use
Note: If LED 2 is not "On", press the reset button located in the center of the Thunderboard to establish a connection. The yellow LED near the center of the Thunderboard should flash less than 30 times. This indicates a successful BLE connection has been established.
Gain Terminal access to your UrsaLeo UltraLite Gateway DevKit
- Connect UltraLite DevKit to a computer via the microUSB port that is nearest the power button.
- Download and install Silicon Labs VCP drivers on PC (Windows or macOS): Silicon Labs VCP drivers
For Windows PC:
- Download and install Putty serial comms software on PC
- Start Putty and configure serial settings:
- Baud rate: 115200
- Data bits: 8
- Stop bits: 1
- Parity: None
- Power on the DevKit and wait for the boot prompt to appear.
Image: Putty configuration
Shutting down your UrsaLeo DevKit
The DevKit should be shut down correctly before turning off the power supply. This will avoid corruption of the microSD card.
- To shutdown, press the tactile switch adjacent to the micro USB connector ( furthest from power jack ). This will initiate the shutdown process.
- If the LED/SC board is installed, all the LED indicators will turn off, indicating a successful shutdown. If not, allow 30 seconds for the shutdown to complete.
- Now turn off the slide switch.