Attaching to your network using Wifi requires creating a Wifi configuration file containing your Access Point credentials.
The following guidelines are for macOS.
Please see this article for PC guidelines: How to configure WiFi
A Mac and microSD card reader are required to carry out the update.
- Shutdown your DevKit.
- Remove the microSD card from the DevKit and insert into the card reader on the Mac.
- Open the “Boot” drive in Finder. This drive contains a directory named deviceN.
NOTE: macOS may keep asking you to format the drive - always choose Cancel.
Finder showing boot drive with deviceN directory highlighted
- Using TextEdit create a new text document in the “Boot” drive named wpa_supplicant.conf with the following contents, replacing ssid & psk for those of your WiFi Access Point:
Each command must be on a separate line:
Pay attention to the “ marks here. If your Mac changes these to “curly quotes” (meaning they curl in towards the words being quoted), you will need to adjust this setting in your Mac’s System Preferences by going to Keyboard -> Text and unchecking “Use smart quotes and dashes”. Curly quotes are not supported by the UrsaLeo Gateway software.
NOTE: TextEdit adds .rtf extensions to file names. Switch on View Filename Extensions in Finder Preferences and remove any .rtf extension.
Finder showing “Boot” drive with deviceN dir and wpa_supplicant.conf file highlighted
- Eject the microSD card and remove from card reader then re-insert into DevKit card connector.
- Your DevKit is now setup and ready to connect to the UrsaLeo Cloud via WiFi.