What you will need
- UrsaLeo RPi Gateway DevKit:
- Mouser Part #: UL-RPI1S2R2, UrsaLeo Raspberry Pi Cloud Development Kit
- RS Components Part #: UL-RPI1S2R2, UrsaLeo RPi IoT Evaluation Kit
- Console: HDMI monitor and USB keyboard
- Note: A USB serial console interface is available with the optional UrsaLeo LED/SC board. To get yours, submit a request - it's FREE!
- Network connection (WiFi or Ethernet)
- Computer (Windows, macOS, Linux)
- USB-to-microSD card reader for updating the UrsaLeo Gateway Software Platform
What’s in the Box
- Raspberry Pi development board
- Pre-programmed microSD card with Ursaleo Gateway Software Platform
- UrsaLeo RPi Power Supply with AC plug adapters
- Device information printed on the RPi box or on the UrsaLeo Getting Started card, for example:
- Device ID format: rs:XXXX or mo:xxxx
- Registration Code format: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
- Silicon Labs Thunderboard Sense 2
- Cable, USB A to microUSB
Connecting your DevKit
- Plug the USB keyboard into one of the USB ports on the UrsaLeo RPi
- Plug the Monitor into the HDMI connector on the UrsaLeo RPi
- Using the supplied USB-to-microUSB cable, connect the Thunderboard Sense 2 to one of the USB ports on the UrsaLeo RPi
- Connect the power supply to the microUSB power connector on the UrsaLeo RPi. You should always do this last after you have connected all your other components.
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
Silicon Labs Thunderboard Sense 2
Checking your hardware installation
If you experience issues with your devkit, review the following:
- Check that your UrsaLeo RPi's pre-programmed microSD card is installed and seated properly.
- The red LED on the RPi indicates that power is on. The green LED will blink during the boot process.
- An optional debug LED/SC module is available to attach to your UrsaLeo RPi Gateway DevKit. If you purchased an UrsaLeo RPi Devkit, you can request the debug LED module at no charge by submitting a request here: Submit a request