What you will need
- One of our Devkits - herein referred to as UrsaLeo UltraLite Gateway DevKit:
- Mouser Part #: UL-NXP1S2R2, UrsaLeo UrsaCloud UltraLite Development Kit
- OKdo Part #: UL-NXP1S2R2, UrsaLeo UltraLite IoT Evaluation Kit for Google Cloud Platform
- Network connection (WiFi or Ethernet)
- PC (Windows)
- USB-to-microSD card reader for updating the UrsaLeo Gateway Software Platform
What’s in the Box
- UrsaLeo Getting Started Card
- UrsaLeo UltraLite DevKit containing:
- NXP i.MX 6UltraLite-EVK containing CPU and baseboard
- Pre-programmed microSD card with Ursaleo Gateway Software Platform
- Murata WiFi/BT module mounted on carrier board with SMA connector
- UrsaLeo debug LED module
- UrsaLeo UltraLite Power Supply
- Label on the DevKit baseboard with the following device information, for example:
- Device ID format: rs:XXXX or mo:XXXX
- Registration Code format: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
- Silicon Labs Thunderboard Sense 2
- Cable 1, USB A to microUSB to power the Thunderboard Sense 2
- Cable 2 (PN: 600-77145), USB A to microUSB to connect the serial console to the PC
Connecting your DevKit
- Attach a PC for use as a serial console using Cable 2 USB cable connected to the micro USB port (Serial UART connector) near the ON/OFF slide switch.
- Using Cable 1, connect the Thunderboard Sense 2 to the USB host connector on the baseboard.
- Connect an Ethernet cable (optional) to the right port of the Ethernet Jack J1501. For instructions to configure WiFi, see How to configure WiFi
- Check that your UltraLite has a pre-programmed microSD card installed and that it is correctly seated in the connector slot. This has the UrsaLeo Gateway software installed.
- Connect the plug of the 5 V power supply to the DC power jack J2001 on the baseboard and slide power switch SW2001 to ON.
Checking your hardware installation
- The green LED near the power connector indicates that power is on. When power is connected to the UltraLite, it will automatically begin the boot sequence.
- Using a serial console on the host PC log into a terminal session as root and check the software version - the current version is "UrsaLeo Gateway version 1.3.0" as displayed in the prompt.
If the software version is not shown or is earlier than this then please follow the Gateway Software Update (UltraLite) instructions.
If your software version is up to date, jump straight to the configuration section in the link above.
UrsaLeo UltraLite Devkit
UrsaLeo UltraLite with Wifi, Bluetooth & LED modules