What you will need
- One of our Devkits - herein referred to as UrsaLeo UltraLite Gateway DevKit:
- Mouser Part #: UL-NXP1S2R2, UrsaLeo UrsaCloud UltraLite Development Kit
- RS Components Part #: UL-NXP1S2R2, UrsaLeo UltraLite IoT Evaluation Kit for Google Cloud Platform
- Network connection (WiFi or Ethernet)
- PC (Windows, macOS, Linux)
- USB-to-microSD card reader for updating the UrsaLeo Gateway Software Platform
What’s in the Box
- UrsaLeo Getting Started Card
- UrsaLeo UltraLite DevKit containing:
- NXP i.MX 6UltraLite-EVK containing CPU and baseboard
- Pre-programmed microSD card with Ursaleo Gateway Software Platform
- Murata WiFi/BT module mounted on carrier board with SMA connector
- UrsaLeo debug LED module
- UrsaLeo UltraLite Power Supply
- Label on the DevKit baseboard with the following device information, for example:
- Device ID format: rs:XXXX or mo:XXXX
- Registration Code format: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
- Silicon Labs Thunderboard Sense 2
- Cable 1, USB A to microUSB to power the Thunderboard Sense 2
- Cable 2 (PN: 600-77145), USB A to microUSB to connect the serial console to the PC
Connecting your DevKit
- Attach a PC for use as a serial console using Cable 2 USB cable connected to the micro USB port (Serial UART connector) near the ON/OFF slide switch.
- Using Cable 1, connect the Thunderboard Sense 2 to the USB host connector on the baseboard.
- Connect an Ethernet cable (optional) to the right port of the Ethernet Jack J1501. For instructions to configure WiFi, see How to configure WiFi
- Check that your UltraLite has a pre-programmed microSD card installed and that it is correctly seated in the connector slot. This has the UrsaLeo Gateway software installed.
- Connect the plug of the 5 V power supply to the DC power jack J2001 on the baseboard and slide power switch SW2001 to ON.
Checking your hardware installation
- The green LED near the power connector indicates that power is on. When power is connected to the UltraLite, it will automatically begin the boot sequence.
The UltraLite DevKit includes the UrsaLeo debug LED module connected to the baseboard. As the DevKit is booting, LEDs 1, 2 and 3 will turn on as follows:
LED 1: On (connection to Google IoT Core)
LED 2: On (connection to Thunderboard Sense 2)
LED 3: On (authentication with Google Cloud Platform) after a few seconds
LED 4, 5 and 6: will be off as they are reserved for future use
Note: If LED 2 is not "On", press the reset button located in the center of the Thunderboard to establish a connection.
UrsaLeo UltraLite Devkit
UrsaLeo UltraLite with Wifi, Bluetooth & LED modules